Alabama marriage requirements
Are you thinking of getting married in Alabama?
Do you want to know what are the requirements for a marriage in the state of Alabama?
You keep reading because here, I tell you all about the marriage requirements in Alabama.
• In Alabama, obtaining a marriage license is not required for a marriage.
So how is marriage done in Alabama?
• In Alabama, the requirement to get married is to fill out a form. This form is called the Marriage Certificate form.
• Once the form is filled out, you have to send it to the probate court in your county. Then there the marriage is registered by the court.
• It is a requirement for the marriage to be valid in Alabama that the signatures of the bride and groom on the form are duly legalized by a notary.
• Is a marriage ceremony required in Alabama for a legal marriage?
In Alabama, a ceremony is not required for a marriage to be valid, if the bride and groom wish to do so, they can, but it is not a requirement.
• From what moment is marriage valid in Alabama?
The marriage is valid from the moment the couple sign the form called a marriage certificate, as long as it is presented for registration in court within the legal term.
• What is the deadline for submitting the marriage certificate form to the court in Alabama?
The requirement is that the form be submitted for court record within 30 days of being signed.
• Is it possible to sign the affidavit form called a marriage certificate on different dates in Alabama?
In Alabama, the bride and groom can sign the form on different dates.
• What is the age requirement for marriage in Alabama?
• In Alabama, the requirement to marry is 18 years old, if either of the couple is under this age, but over 16 years old, then one of the parents has to authorize the marriage.
• Is a social security number required to get married in Alabama?
If you do not have a social security number, because you reside abroad, you can still get married in Alabama.
Only You have to leave blank the field for social security in the form.
• How much does a notary charge to legalize the signing of the marriage form in Alabama?
The cost of notarizing signatures in Alabama is about $ 5.00 for each signature.
• Where can I find a notary in Alabama to legalize the signatures on the marriage form?
In Alabama you can find a notary for legalization of marriage signatures at the following link:
How much does it cost to register a marriage in Alabama in probate court?
The cost varies from county to county, you have to find out the cost in the county where you plan to register your marriage.
For example, in Baldwin County, the fee is $ 73.00)
In which county should I register my marriage in Alabama?
You can register the certificate in any county in Alabama
Can I mail the Alabama Marriage Certificate to Probate Court?
Yes, the marriage certificate can be sent by mail, it is not required to present it in person.
Can I email my certificate and sign the certificate electronically?
In Alabama, it is a requirement that the physical document be sent, electronic signatures for the marriage are not valid for now.
Where can I request certified copies of the marriage certificate in Alabama?
At the Alabama Department of Public Health Center for Health Statistics
The fee to search for a marriage certificate is $ 15.00, which includes a certified copy of the marriage certificate.
P.O. Box 5625
Montgomery, Alabama 36103-5625
Here is the list of counties in Alabama where you can get married:
Autauga US.AL.AU 01001 Prattville
Baldwin US.AL.BD 01003 Bay Minette
Barbour US.AL.BR 01005 Clayton
Bibb US.AL.BI 01007 Centreville
Blount US.AL.BU 01009 Oneonta
Bullock US.AL.BL 01011 Union SPrings
Butler US.AL.BT 01013 Greenville
Calhoun US.AL.CN 01015 Anniston
Chambers US.AL.CM 01017 Lafayette
Cherokee US.AL.CH 01019 Centre
Chilton US.AL.CI 01021 Clanton
Choctaw US.AL.CC 01023 Butler
Clarke US.AL.CK 01025 Grove Hill
Clay US.AL.CY 01027 Ashland
Cleburne US.AL.CB 01029 Heflin
Coffee US.AL.CF 01031 Elba
Colbert US.AL.CL 01033 Tuscumbia
Conecuh US.AL.CO 01035 Evergreen
Coosa US.AL.CS 01037 Rockford
Covington US.AL.CV 01039 Andalusia
Crenshaw US.AL.CA 01041 Luverne
Cullman US.AL.CU 01043 Cullman
Dale US.AL.DE 01045 Ozark
Dallas US.AL.DL 01047 Selma
DeKalb US.AL.DA 01049 Fort Payne
Elmore US.AL.EL 01051 Wetumpka
Escambia US.AL.ES 01053 Brewton
Etowah US.AL.ET 01055 Gadsden
Fayette US.AL.FA 01057 Fayette
Franklin US.AL.FR 01059 Russellville
Geneva US.AL.GE 01061 Geneva
Greene US.AL.GR 01063 Eautaw
Hale US.AL.HA 01065 Greensboro
Henry US.AL.HE 01067 Abbeville
Houston US.AL.HO 01069 Dothan
Jackson US.AL.JA 01071 Scottsboro
Jefferson US.AL.JE 01073 Birmingham
Lamar US.AL.LM 01075 Vernon
Lauderdale US.AL.LU 01077 Florence
Lawrence US.AL.LW 01079 Moulton
Lee US.AL.LE 01081 Opelika
Limestone US.AL.LI 01083 Athens
Lowndes US.AL.LO 01085 Haynesville
Macon US.AL.MC 01087 Tuskegee
Madison US.AL.MD 01089 Huntsville
Marengo US.AL.ME 01091 Linden
Marion US.AL.MI 01093 Hamilton
Marshall US.AL.MS 01095 Guntersville
Mobile US.AL.MB 01097 Mobile
Monroe US.AL.MR 01099 Monroeville
Montgomery US.AL.MT 01101 Montgomery
Morgan US.AL.MG 01103 Decatur
Perry US.AL.PE 01105 Marion
Pickens US.AL.PC 01107 Carrollton
Pike US.AL.PK 01109 Troy
Randolph US.AL.RA 01111 Wedowee
Russell US.AL.RU 01113 Phenix City
St. Clair US.AL.SA 01115 Ashville y Pell City
Shelby US.AL.SH 01117 Columbiana
Sumter US.AL.SU 01119 Livingston
Talladega US.AL.TD 01121 Talladega
Tallapoosa US.AL.TP 01123 Dadeville
Tuscaloosa US.AL.TU 01125 Tuscaloosa
Walker US.AL.WK 01127 Jasper
Washington US.AL.WS 01129 Chatom
Wilcox US.AL.WC 01131 Camden
Winston US.AL.WN 01133 Double Springs