Marriage, Washington, requirements and prices.
What are the marriage requirements in Washington? The bride and groom who plan to marry in Washington must meet the following requirements:
• The couple must be over 18 years old.
• The bride and groom must have proof of age, such as a driver's license or a birth certificate.
• The bride and groom must have 2 witnesses over 18 years of age.
• In case one of the couple is divorced, it is not required to present the divorce documents.
· • The bride and groom must fill out an application for a marriage license: Marriage License Application (PDF).
• The bride and groom must sign the marriage license application before a notary, who will sign and seal the application.
• How much does a marriage license cost in Washington? The bride and groom must pay the price of the marriage license fee, which in Washington is $ 70.00.
• Include a check, money order, or cashier’s check for $ 70.00, payable to the Snohomish County Auditor. Write your current phone number on the memo line or next to your name.
• The bride and groom should send the completed application and the fee check to:
Snohomish County Recording
3000 Rockefeller Ave M / S 204
Everett, WA 98201.
• The bride and groom will then receive a marriage license, a marriage certificate, and an information packet in the mail.
• The marriage license in Washington is valid throughout the state.
• The bride and groom must celebrate the marriage ceremony 3 days after the marriage license is issued, and within 60 days.
• How long does the marriage license process take in Washington? The bride and groom should expect that the marriage license process in Washington can normally take 2 weeks.
Foreigners who want to marry in Washington must meet the same requirements.
Residency by marriage in Washington requires that the marriage be authentic.