MARRIAGE REQUIREMENTS IN Connecticut.
If you are thinking of getting married in Connecticut, and you want to know what are the requirements to get married in Connecticut, keep reading that here I will tell you all about marriage in Connecticut, what is the price, and the requirements to meet for marriage.
In order to get married in Connecticut, you must obtain a marriage license.
In order for you to obtain the marriage license, you must meet the following requirements:
• It is a requirement that both grooms must be free to marry, that is, they must not be married or married to another person.
List of 2 elements, nesting level 1.
• It is a requirement that both grooms must be over 18 years of age, or:
• In the event that one of the bride and groom is under 18 years of age, she must have parental consent, or judicial authorization.
• In the event that one of the bride and groom is under 16 years of age, it is compulsory to have judicial authorization.
• In Connecticut, it is a requirement that the marriage is not with the following persons:
Parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, father's brother, brother's child, stepfather or stepson.
It is a requirement to apply for the marriage license in Connecticut, to appear in person with your future spouse, before the registry office, of the city where the marriage will take place.
You are required to fill out an application for a marriage license and an affidavit that the information you provide is true.
In Connecticut, blood tests are not required.
Once the marriage ceremony is carried out, it is a requirement that the officiant of the marriage present the license to the clerk of records of the civil registry of the city where the marriage took place.
The registrar will then proceed to register the license.
Once registered, the marriage license becomes a civil record and it is known as a marriage certificate.
410 Capitol Avenue Hartford, CT 06134 / Phone: 860-509-8000
Among the requirements for marriage in Connecticut you are required to present photo identification such as a driver's license or a passport. You also need to know the following:
• Your social security numbers, if you have one.
• Your mother's maiden name.
• Your parents' place of birth.
• Date and place of your wedding.
• Name and contact information for your wedding officiant.
To get married in Connecticut, it is not a requirement to be a resident of the State
You can apply for the marriage license in the city where one of the couple lives, or in the city where you plan to get married.
How much does a marriage license cost in Connecticut?
It is a requirement that you pay the marriage license fee. The price of the marriage license fee ranges from approximately $ 30- $ 35. This price may vary from county to county.
Please note: The license is valid for 65 days.
The license can be used from the same day it is issued and can only be used within the State of Connecticut.
If you have questions about marriage in the USA, do not hesitate to consult with the marriage residence attorneys in the USA, who provide a free first consultation.