What do I need to get married in Miami?
1.- What do I need to get married in Miami?
Couples wishing to become legally married in the state of Florida must apply for a marriage license in person and be of 18 years old and over. There is no residency or citizenship requirement to apply for a Florida marriage license.
2.- Where can I get married if I obtain a marriage license in Miami?
A Florida marriage license allows a couple to get married anywhere in Florida, regardless of the county the license was purchased from.
3.- What are the requirements?
When applying for a marriage license both spouses must be present. All applicants must present a valid federal or state government photo identification with the correct legal name, date of birth and signature.
4.- What types of photo identification are accepted?
· Driver license issued by any state in the U.S.
· U.S. military ID
· Alien registration card
· State identification card issued by any state in the U.S.
· Naturalization certificate (original)
5.- What is the WAITING PERIOD?
The waiting period to get married is 3 days from when you get the marriage license.
6.- What is the validity of the marriage license?
The marriage ceremony must be performed on or after the effective date and within 60 days of the issuance of the license.
7.- Who can perform a marriage ceremony?
A marriage ceremony must be performed by any of the following:
· Any ordained minister, priest, rabbi or other ordained clergy.
· All judicial officers (judges) of the state of Florida.
· Clerks of the Circuit Court and their deputies of the state of Florida, while performing their duties.
· Public notaries of the state of Florida.
8.- How much does the marriage license cost?
Marriage license - $86.
9.- How much does the marriage ceremony cost?
Ceremony - $30.
10.- Where are the offices located to obtain the marriage license?
For the convenience of the citizens of Miami-Dade County, the Clerk's Office has six full-service district court locations and the Central Marriage License Bureau.
· OVERTOWN VILLAGE SOUTH BUILDING. 601 NW 1 Court. Miami, Florida 33136. HOURS. Monday – Friday. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Marriage License Bureau, Suite 1900.
Joseph Caleb Center Court. 5400 NW 22nd Avenue, Suite # 103
Miami , Florida 33142.
Coral Gables District Court. 3100 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, Florida 33134.
Hialeah District Court. 11 E. 6th Street
Hialeah, Florida 33010.
Miami Beach District Court. 1130 Washington Ave, Suite 200
Miami Beach , FL 33139.
North Dade Justice Center. 15555 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite # 100
N. Miami Beach, FL 33160.
South Dade Government Center. 10710 SW 211th Street, Suite #1200
Miami, Florida 33189